Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute
Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute provides a high-performance, private, and secure connection between your IT environment and Microsoft Azure and Office 365. These cloud services are offered through all 22 Equinix IBX data centers worldwide where ExpressRoute is available. ExpressRoute offers greater privacy and security than typical cloud connections; and enables any enterprise to build hybrid cloud environments with greater network control and reliability.
Features and Benefits
- Equinix global footprint, direct connection services and ExpressRoute allow you to access Azure and Office 365 through our data centers securely and with low latency for better application performance of Office 365’s collaboration tools like Skype for Business (formerly Lync), SharePoint, and Yammer.
- Choose your preferred technology solution (using native Ethernet or IP), or let Equinix help set up and manage it for you
- Equinix private access enables Microsoft Azure to deliver the unique capabilities of hybrid cloud, including application services, production and identity management, data and backup and recovery services, and infrastructure services such as virtual networks and traffic management.
- Seamless, automated provisioning using integrated API capabilities so you can set up virtual connectivity and Azure services in near real time.
- Redundant and diverse interconnectivity paths to and from the Microsoft Azure cloud for true reliability.
Direct, Secure Connections
Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute provides a private, dedicated, high-throughput network connection between Microsoft Azure data centers and on-premises IT environments. ExpressRoute connections bypass the public Internet and offer more reliability, faster speeds, lower latencies and superior data privacy and security. ExpressRoute connections that transfer data between on-premises and Azure can also help drive down operating costs while improving quality of experience (QoE) for latency sensitive applications like Microsoft Lync/Skype and SharePoint/Yammer.
Multiple connection speeds:
- Fiber-optic cross connects that provide either 1- or 10-gigabits per second connections
- Virtual connections via the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ in a scalable range, including 200M, 500M, or 1G virtual connections over 1G/10G ports
Accelerated Hybrid Cloud Deployment with Equinix and Microsoft
The Interconnected Cloud
Data Migration to the Cloud
Disaster Recovery in the Cloud
Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute is available in 22 locations: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Toronto, Washington DC, Amsterdam, Dublin, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Osaka.
ExpressRoute circuits automatically provide two active connections for high availability and deliver an uptime SLA of 99.99%. Equinix provides >99.9999% uptime data center reliability across its more than 180+ data centers on 5 continents in 44 top international business markets.
manualtrue true true true true true true true true true true true true true true true true true true true true true
Learn more about Microsoft Azure
Complete the contact form to learn more about Microsoft Azure, ExpressRoute and Equinix Cloud Exchange for greater security than typical cloud connections.