May 10, 2020
Equinix Appoints Kuniko Ogawa as Managing Director of Japan
TOKYO, Japan – May 11, 2020 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the appointment of Kuniko Ogawa to the position of Managing Director, Japan. Based in Tokyo, Ogawa will lead the company’s business strategy in Japan and will report to Jeremy Deutsch, President of Equinix Asia-Pacific.
- With nearly 30 years of experience working in the ICT industry, Ogawa brings strong expertise in driving sales, IT transformation and business growth, as well as a keen focus on workplace diversity.
- Ogawa began her career as a systems engineer at IBM Japan. In 2009, she was promoted to Vice President of Transformation and Operations, where she managed all sales activities for the company in Japan. In 2012, she was appointed to Vice President of Strategic Outsourcing Delivery, a role in which she was able to demonstrate her managerial skills and lead the modernizing of the company’s IT outsourcing business model, resulting in significant contributions to the business.
- Prior to joining Equinix, Ogawa served as Global CTO for Macromill Inc, after its acquisition by Bain Capital. Under her leadership, Macromill Group grew rapidly to a Tokyo headquartered global market research company with over 50 offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia. She led the global cultural transformation of Macromill Group, with a particular focus on promoting the leadership and capabilities of female employees, overseeing the modernization of legacy IT systems and developing brand-new products for the company. In 2017, as a member of the executive team, Ogawa helped deliver the company’s successful IPO.
- She holds a bachelor’s degree in Physics from Nara Women’s University.
- Jeremy Deutsch, President, Equinix Asia-Pacific
“Kuniko brings an in-depth understanding of Japan’s market dynamics and extensive experience working at global companies that will be invaluable to our success going forward. Her strong focus on workplace diversity also represents a great cultural fit for the company. I am confident that her wealth of experience in IT transformation and business growth will help further bolster our position in Japan as we continue to support digital transformation and cloud adoption for businesses in Japan.”
- Kuniko Ogawa, Managing Director, Equinix Japan
“With Tokyo representing the world’s largest retail colocation market by revenue, and Japan projected to become one of the largest public cloud markets this year, I am incredibly excited about the opportunities this represents for Equinix and our customers. I look forward to working closely with the team to support our continued growth and evolution.”
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. On this global platform for digital business, companies come together across more than 50 markets on five continents to reach everywhere, interconnect everyone and integrate everything they need to create their digital futures. Equinix.hk
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix products and solutions; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenues from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; a failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; risks related to our taxation as a REIT; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Media Contact (Asia-Pacific)