November 23, 2015
Equinix Extends AWS Direct Connect Availability Across North America and Europe
Availability in London and Dallas brings AWS Direct Connect availability to 10 Equinix data centers, globally
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Nov. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc., a global interconnection and data center company, today announced the immediate availability of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect in Equinix's Dallas and London International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers (DA2 and LD5). With AWS Direct Connect, companies can connect their privately owned and managed infrastructure directly to AWS. The solution establishes a private connection to the AWS Cloud for reduced costs, increased throughput, and consistent application performance. These two offerings bring the total number of Equinix data centers offering Direct Connect to 10.
Many companies are looking to deploy hybrid clouds through direct interconnection, to reap the scalability and cost benefits of the cloud, while at the same time maintaining the security and control of on-premises infrastructure. In fact, a recent study, Enterprise of the Future, found that by 2017, 84 percent of IT leaders will deploy IT infrastructure where interconnection – defined as direct, secure physical or virtual connections – is at the core, compared to only 38 percent today. By offering AWS Direct Connect across the global market, Equinix helps enterprise CIOs achieve this by seamlessly and securely incorporating AWS Cloud services into their existing architectures.
Highlights / Key Facts
- AWS Direct Connect availability in London marks the second Equinix location in Europe to offer the service. This deployment allows Equinix to improve upon previous connectivity options by offering "native" AWS Direct Connect service to customers into the full portfolio of AWS Cloud offerings. Previously, connectivity in London was available via tether from Equinix in London into AWS's Dublin facilities. In October 2014, Equinix announced availability of AWS Direct Connect in the company's Frankfurt data center. The addition of AWS Direct Connect in London assures customers in both continental Europe and the U.K., achieve consistent, dedicated network connection to the AWS Cloud for higher performance at a lower cost.
- Equinix's Dallas IBX, DA5, is the fourth data center in North America to offer AWS Direct Connect, joining Equinix's facilities in Seattle, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. Equinix now offers AWS Direct Connect in ten global locations; Dallas, Frankfurt, London, Osaka, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia. Equinix customers in these metros experience lower network costs into and out of AWS and take advantage of reduced AWS Direct Connect data transfer rates.
- Ryan Mallory, vice president, technology, Equinix:
"At Equinix, we are seeing significant growth in enterprise customers looking to connect to AWS in a secure and high-performance manner. Our goal is to provide these customers with the ability to realize the full benefits of the cloud – without worrying about application latency or cost issues. AWS Direct Connect makes it easy for companies to establish a dedicated network connection from Equinix to AWS, which ultimately reduces network costs, increases throughput, and provides a more consistent network experience than Internet-based connections."
- Equinix and AWS Direct Connect: Your Onramp to Amazon Web Services [video]
- More about Equinix and AWS Direct Connect [datasheet]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 33 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. /.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Media Contacts (Americas): Sally Comollo, +1-781-366-5580, firstname.lastname@example.org or Mindshare PR for Equinix: Wilson Craig, +1 (408) 516-6182, email@example.com or Equinix Media Contacts (EMEA): Antonella Crimi, +44 (0)20 7634 4022, Antonella.Crimi@eu.equinix.com or APCO Worldwide for Equinix: Mitch Henderson, +44 (0)207.526.3626, firstname.lastname@example.org or Equinix Investor Relations Contacts: Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, email@example.com or Paul Thomas, +1 (650) 598-6442, firstname.lastname@example.org