June 12, 2014
Orange Business Services Will Join Equinix Cloud Exchange to Offer Global Hybrid Cloud Solutions
Orange's Business VPN Galerie securely connects enterprise VPNs to cloud services across three continents on the Equinix Cloud Exchange
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and PARIS, June 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Orange Business Services, a global communications solutions provider, today signed a Memorandum of Understanding to join the Equinix Cloud Exchange, launched in April 2014. Orange Business Services plans to offer Business VPN Galerie, its managed cloud-ready network solution, to enterprises in selected International Business Exchanges™ (IBX®) data centers across North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific via the Exchange. Orange Business Services' objective is to support multinational companies' cloud transformation on a global scale, facilitating highly secure access to major cloud application providers.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple clouds and multiple networks inside Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers. By bringing together cloud service providers with enterprises and enabling them to establish private, high-performance connections, the Equinix Cloud Exchange gives cloud users direct access to the services they need to build sophisticated hybrid cloud solutions. Today businesses can join the Equinix Cloud Exchange in 13 markets globally – Silicon Valley, Washington D.C., New York, Toronto, Seattle, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Paris – with expansion planned to a total of 19 markets by the end of 2014.
- Business VPN Galerie from Orange Business Services is a managed cloud solution available to customers of its global network service Business VPN. By providing access from Business VPN to both Orange cloud capabilities and to partners' cloud service platforms, Orange Business Services provides secure access to a wide variety of hosted applications and offers SLA-backed, end-to-end performance and management. Currently VPN Galerie provides more than 700 multinational customers with over 15,000 sites with access to a wide range of cloud vendors and application providers for infrastructure and software as a service. In addition to its current footprint of connected data centers, Orange Business Services plans to offer VPN Galerie service on the Equinix Cloud Exchange across three regions in the coming months, through this agreement.
- Orange Business Services' Business VPN is a global network solution supporting IP telephony, video, cloud transformation, IPv6 migration and very high broadband. It is available in more than 180 countries, making it the largest MPLS-based VPN solution in the world.
- Didier Duriez, senior vice president Global Solutions and Services, Orange Business Services:
"By connecting Business VPN Galerie with Equinix's Cloud Exchange, we are expanding our award-winning service to cover additional data centers and hosted application providers. This gives our customers the ability to choose from the best combination of cloud infrastructure, platform and software service providers to ensure they can put the best possible hybrid cloud solution in place to meet their individual business needs."
- Ihab Tarazi, CTO, Equinix:
"By bringing together network and cloud service providers with cloud consumers, and enabling them to establish private, high-performance connections, the Equinix Cloud Exchange gives enterprises secure, direct access to the services they need to build sophisticated hybrid cloud solutions. Furthermore, cloud services providers will benefit from connectivity to Business VPN Galerie, which will enable delivery of Orange Business Services' applications in the cloud, while maintaining the same outstanding quality of service."
About Equinix Cloud Exchange
The Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple clouds, across multiple networks around the globe. By combining the automated interconnection of cloud, network and managed service providers with advanced service orchestration for the first time, the Equinix Cloud Exchange provides enterprises with simple, scalable, direct access to the multiple cloud services they need to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions. This removes the security, performance and vendor lock-in concerns holding many organizations back from fully adopting and reaping the benefits of cloud services. For more information on the Equinix Cloud Exchange, please visit /solutions/by-services/interconnection/exchanges/equinix-cloud-exchange/.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
About Orange Business Services
Orange Business Services, the Orange branch dedicated to B2B services, is a leading global integrator of communications solutions for multinational corporations. With the world's largest, seamless network for voice and data, Orange Business Services reaches 220 countries and territories with local support in more than 160. Offering a comprehensive package of communication services covering cloud computing, enterprise mobility, M2M, security, unified communications, videoconferencing, and broadband, Orange Business Services delivers a best-in-class customer experience across a global landscape. Thousands of enterprise customers and 1.4 million mobile data users rely on an Orange Business Services international platform for communicating and conducting business. Orange Business Services was awarded four of the telecom industry's highest accolades at the annual World Communication Awards 2013 – Best Global Operator, Best Cloud Service, Best Enterprise Service and Best Small Business Service. Orange Business Services is the only seven-time winner of Best Global Operator. Learn more at www.orange-business.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
Orange is one of the world's leading telecommunications operators with annual sales of €41 billion in 2013 and has 164,000 employees worldwide at March 31, 2014. Orange is listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris (symbol ORA) and on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol ORAN).
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trademarks of Orange Brand Services Limited.